NFPA 1851 Standard on Selection Care and Maint of Protective Ensembles 2020
The new 2020 edition of NFPA 1851, Standard on Selection, Care, and Maintenance of Protective Ensembles for Structural Fire Fighting and Proximity Fire Fighting will give firefighters the protection and confidence to do their job safely and effectively.
This book is loaded with information and advice on the following:
- protecting the public and personnel from exposure to contaminated personal protective equipment
- reporting health and safety concerns
- advanced and specialized cleaning
- disinfection or sanitization and biological decontamination
- requirements for both basic and advanced garment element repair
- Light and smoke evaluation of hood particulate-blocking layers
- water penetration barrier evaluation
- chemical and biological decontamination efficacy test
- semi-volatile organic compound contained specimen preparation, extraction, and analysis
- heavy metal and bacterial contaminated specimen preparation, extraction, and analysis
- preparation and handling of contaminated specimens and surrogate clothing
The new 2020 edition of this resource features significant changes to cleaning requirements — reflecting the most current industry standards — with revised tables, rewritten headings, and two new decision trees for determining appropriate cleaning procedures.