NFPA 22 Standard for Water Tanks for Private Fire Protection 2018
This comprehensive 2018 edition of NFPA 22: Standard for Water Tanks for Private Fire Protection is your resource for up-to-date requirements for the design, construction, installation, and maintenance of tanks and accessory equipment that supply water for private fire protection. Significant revisions in this clarified and streamlined edition include:
- Chapter 5, “Welded-Carbon Steel and Composite Concrete and Carbon Steel Gravity Tanks and Suction Tanks”, is updated to retain requirements specific to fire protection, while all duplicate requirements in the AWWA D100 Standard have been removed and references to AWWA D100 added instead.
- Chapter 6, “Factory-Coated, Bolted Carbon Steel Tanks”, is updated to retain requirements specific to fire protection, while all duplicate requirements in the AWWA D103 Standard have been removed and references to AWWA D103 added instead.
- Chapter 14, “Pipe Connections and Fittings”, includes clarified requirements for check valves in the discharge pipe of a suction tank, and modifications that require tank repairs to follow the impairment procedures in NFPA 25: Standard for the Inspection, Testing, and Maintenance of Water-based Fire Protection Systems.
- Chapter 16, “Tank Heating”, presents new criteria for electric immersion heaters.
- Calculations to determine tank heating needs replace the lowest one-day mean temperature map.
Stay up-to-code with the 2018 edition of NFPA 22, Standard for Water Tanks for Private Fire Protection for adequate water supply in private fire protection systems. This new edition is essential for manufacturers, fire protection engineers, installers, maintenance professionals, AHJs, and property owners.