NFPA 24 Standard for Installation of Private Fire Service Mains and their Appurtenances 2019
Make sure water supplies are ready when needed, and improve water-based fire protection effectiveness with the new NFPA 24, Standard for Installation of Private Fire Service Mains and their Appurtenances.
A must-have resource for everyone from fire protection system designers to authorities having jurisdiction (AHJs), NFPA 24 presents comprehensive requirements governing private fire service mains and private fire hydrants.
NFPA 24 is a vital element of every fire protection plan, and this critical Standard includes information on:
- the location and identification of department connections;
- protection of fire service mains and valves controlling water supplies;
- underground fire service mains and related equipment;
- yard piping that feeds automatic sprinkler systems;
- yard hydrants, standpipes, and other water-based systems.
The 2019 edition includes changes related to trenching and backfill; first-time acceptance testing requirements for aboveground piping; revisions that clarify the limited use of steel piping for underground service; and much, much more.