NFPA 25 Standard for the Inspection, Testing, and Maintenance Systems 2017
The brand new edition of NFPA 25 is here! NFPA 25: Standard for the Inspection, Testing, and Maintenance of Water-Based Fire Protection Systems will tell you everything you need to know about sprinkler systems in the work place and in residences. Sprinkler systems are the primary protection against fires at home or in the work place. They are extremely effective and important to make sure they are working correctly, but they require an extensive amount of maintenance for functionality. One maintenance issue can lead to a successful fight against a fire or a disaster for your company. Some of the things covered in this must-have guide are forward flow tests, plump flow tests, risk assessment and performance-based testing programs. The new 2017 edition also comes with revised and updated ITM tables and other changes that will help you as an owner or service provider.
The law requires, and according to NFPA 13: Installation of Sprinkler Systems, that when an installer comes to your place of business or residence to install a sprinkler system they leave a copy of NFPA 25 with you. You can see how important this manual is! Some of the other changes and additions to the 2017 edition include:
- Changes to the availability of certain sprinkler systems for residential sprinkler replacement
- New steps added to help you if inspections reveal missing escutcheons, or if the ones listed are no longer available
- Additional information that covers testing and automated sprinkler inspections
- A complete change in Chapter 13 which includes in depth information on precaution, deluge valves, air compressors, general pressure gauge criteria, and water flow alarm devices.
- The terms used for fire pumps go hand-in-hand with NFPA 20: Installation of Stationary Pumps for Fire Protection
- Brand new information on data collection and color-coded tagging programs.