NFPA 472, 473, 475, 1072 Hazardous Materials/ Weapons of Mass Destruction Response Personnel HB 2018
Loaded with more facts and expert insights than ever before, the Hazardous Materials/Weapons of Mass Destruction Response Handbook helps you comply with the latest practices for hazmat/WMD response.
Get the vital information responders need to address hazmat and weapons of mass destruction emergencies safely, competently, and efficiently. Proper response operations are not only essential for the public at large, they are also vital to first responder safety. Developed by NFPA®, the Code source, the expanded and updated 2018 edition of Hazardous Materials/Weapons of Mass Destruction Response Handbook presents a wealth of knowledge in an accessible, easy-to-use format.
A go-to, all-in-one resource, this vital educational and training tool includes:
- The complete 2018 editions of NFPA 472: Standard for Competence of Responders to Hazardous Materials/Weapons of Mass Destruction Incidents and NFPA 473: Standard for Competencies for EMS Personnel Responding to Hazardous Materials/Weapons of Mass Destruction Incidents -- two of the premier resources for training and operational procedures
- Expert interpretation of and commentary on NFPA 472 and NFPA 473. Get valuable insights and advice that help you understand and apply requirements.
- New in this edition:
- The complete text of the first edition of NFPA 475: Recommended Practice for Organizing, Managing, and Sustaining a Hazardous Materials/Weapons of Mass Destruction Response Program
- The complete text of the first edition of NFPA 1072: Standard for Hazardous Materials/Weapons of Mass Destruction Emergency Response Personnel Professional Qualifications
- A set of matrices to help users understand the correlation between the requirements in NFPA 472 and NFPA 1072 in the areas of awareness, operations, operations mission-specific, technician, and incident commander for hazardous materials/weapons of mass destruction incident response
- A new comprehensive glossary of terms from all four documents. Make sure you know what terms mean and how they are applied in today's field!
- Supplements that expand your expertise on issues such as Response to Petrol Drilling (Fracking) and an overview of some of the latest research projects of interest to first responders
- Detailed visuals throughout that clarify concepts, including charts, illustrations, tables, diagrams, and full-color photos