NFPA 72 National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code, 2019 Edition
Product Code/ISBN: NFPA 72-19
Save Liquid error (snippets/product-badge line 32): Computation results in '-Infinity'%
Get insights on the latest technologies, applications, and research on the use and installation of fire alarm and emergency communications systems.
Changes to the 2019 edition of NFPA 72, National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code, include:
- Significant expansion of the scope of NFPA 72 to now address carbon monoxide protection
- Relocation of material previously in NFPA 720, Standard for the Installation of Carbon Monoxide (CO) Detection and Warning Equipment, into the 2019 edition of NFPA 72 (Critical requirements are incorporated into Chapter 17 for carbon monoxide detectors, Chapter 14 for installation, testing, and maintenance, Chapter 29 for carbon monoxide alarms, and new Annex H.)
- Added testing requirements for energy storage systems (ESS)
- New requirements for HVLS fans and air-sampling smoke detectors
- Major revisions to the requirements for fire service access elevators and occupant evacuation elevators (OEE) to coordinate with changes made in ASME A17.1/CSA B44. Annex text added for clarification.
- Extensively revised requirements for occupant evacuation operation (OEO) coordinated with the new best practices and field research
- Revised Chapter 24, now including requirements for stairway communications systems, elevator landing communications systems, and occupant evacuation elevator lobby communications systems, in addition to revised requirements for area of refuge (area of rescue assistance)
- Revised Chapter 14, Inspection, Testing, and Maintenance, now incorporating valve-regulated lead-acid (VRLA) batteries
- New and updated definitions to bring NFPA 72 up to date with current technologies