NFPA 90B: Standard for the Installation of Warm Air Heating and Air-Conditioning Systems, 2021 Edition
Help make sure systems of warm air heating and air conditioning are safer and more compliant with the latest edition of NFPA 90B.
In the event of a fire emergency, fire, smoke, and gases can quickly spread through heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning (HVAC) systems, elevating the risk of injury and loss. NFPA 90B, Standard for the Installation of Warm Air Heating and Air-Conditioning Systems, provides complete provisions for the construction, installation, operation, and maintenance of HVAC equipment, including filters, ducts, and related components. The standard applies to indoor systems in one- and two-family dwellings and buildings under 25,000 cubic feet.
NFPA 90B criteria covers:
- HVAC systems, components, and air distribution
- Integration of ventilation and air-conditioning system(s) with building construction
- Fire integrity of building construction
- Controls including wiring, manual control, smoke dampers, and smoke detection for automatic control
- Acceptance testing
The 2021 edition offers the most current requirements for installing HVAC systems.
Mechanical and fire protection engineers, AHJs, architects, contractors, and building owners rely on NFPA 90B to help protect lives and property from fire or conditions similar to fire.
Important revisions to the standard include:
- Editorial alterations, reference updates, and updates to existing language
- Text on noncombustible materials moved into a separate chapter, Chapter 4, for ease of use
Help make sure you have the information necessary for safeguarding warm air heating and air-conditioning systems.
Place your order for NFPA 90B, Standard for the Installation of Warm Air Heating and Air-Conditioning Systems, 2021 edition. (Print, 28 pp., 2021)
©2020 NFPA. Cover image reproduced with permission.