Place Advantage: Applied Psychology for Interior Architecture
Place Advantage: Applied Psychology for Interior Architecture is the perfect guide for architects, landscape architects, interior designers, and anyone else that wants to know more about the architecture sector. It will teach you how do develop areas and spaces that will help the human experience.
Author Sally Augustin, who is an environmental psychologist, offers such a unique perspective through different topics and themes discussed in this text such as the colors, scents, and textures of your project and how that can affect the clients and ultimate outcome of your assignment.
Learning to create environments and spaces where people can work effectively and live healthier can set you apart as an architect. Place Advantage: Applied Psychology for Interior Architecture can help you develop spaces and work places where people actually enjoy going to work. Learn about the different residences, workplaces, schools, and retail spaces that apply these principles already. Learn to create a place with culture and identity, and that’s before anyone even sets foot in the room! Don’t start your next project without ordering this must-have guide!
Table of Contents
- Overview of the Psychological Experience of Space
- Foundations of Human Interactions with their Physical World
- Basic Human Needs Satisfies Through Place Design
- Universal Features of Well-Designed Spaces
- Emotional and Cognitive Responses to Sensory Information
- Human Reactions to Static Elements
- Place Design That Reflects Individual Personality and Organizational Culture
- National Culture and Place Experience
- Predominant Activity and the Design of Physical Environments
- Integrated Applications of Psychology-Based Place Design Principles
- Research Methods for Place Designers
- Special Focus: Homes
- Special Focus: Workplaces
- Special Focus: Retail Spaces
- Special Focus: Learning Environments
- Special Focus: Healthcare Facilities
- Places Designers’ Vital Influence on Human Well-Being
- Important Sources/Related Readings