Residential Construction Academy: Plumbing, 2nd
This is the ideal book to to learn about what is required in the plumbing trade. The result of a strategic partnership between the National Association of Home Builder's (NAHB) Home Builders Institute and Delmar, Cengage Learning, this book is the perfect way to learn essential workplace skills for beginning plumbers.
It provides a step-by-step approach to residential plumbing installations based on national skill standards. Focusing on "Green" advancement in the plumbing trades, Residential Construction Academy: Plumbing thoroughly explains the process of installing residential plumbing systems.
- Illustrates topics such as tools of the trade and proper safety measures
- Follows code compliance and offers various tips to increase readers' on-the-job productivity
- Logically organized to build a foundation of knowledge
- Progresses from the installation of common fixtures to troubleshooting techniques
- Emphasizes creative plumbing layout and the importance of understanding code variations
- Fosters readers' understanding of plumbing system installation that is based on typical owner situations as well as unique jobsite conditions