Rigging Equipment: Maintenance and Safety Inspection Manual
This reference is a must-have for rigging contractors, facility managers, and equipment operators. Featuring regulations, standards, guidelines, and recommendations applicable to critical lifts, this practical guide provides maintenance and safety inspection checklists for rigging equipment, components, and systems, and addresses the required training, planning, and documentation.
- Operating rules -- rigging hazards, OSHA regulations, consensus standards, and industry guidelines
- Operator qualifications, safe operating practices, and operating procedures
- Planning and preparation before performing rigging
- Lifting and hoisting equipment and rigging and scaffolding systems
- Ladders, stairways, ramps, hand and power tools, and electrical systems
- Maintenance schedules, care, and safe operation of equipment
- Inspection checklists for rigging equipment before, during, and after use
- Testing, certification, and registration of rigging equipment
- Preventive maintenance recordkeeping based on equipment manufacturer's recommendations
- Proper use of personal safety and protective equipment
The safe rigging practices recommended in this book are framed in general terms to accommodate the many variations in rigging practices.