RS Means Green Home Improvement
Create a better living environment by improving your home's air quality, making life better for anyone with allergies, asthma, or chemical sensitivities. And increase your home's value with green improvements that command higher selling prices in a tight real estate market.
Includes more than 100 "Go Green" tips -- super-quick, easy, often low- or no-cost things you can do right now to make your home and lifestyle greener. You also get guidance for building a new home or addition, and practical advice on the best green products.
- Flooring, paint, cabinetry, and countertops
- Windows and doors
- Insulation and weather-stripping
- Roofing and siding
- High-efficiency heating and cooling systems
- Radon testing
- Efficient lighting, appliances and plumbing fixtures -- including Energy Star and WaterSense models
- Solar electric and water heating systems
- Plusses and minuses of wood and pellet stoves and fireplace inserts, and green choices for patios, decks, walkways, driveways, pools, landscaping and much more!