Sustainable Energy Systems in Architectural Design
This book enables you to expertly design and install all types of renewable energy systems. This is the only comprehensive, practical resource for understanding, designing, and installing all major types of renewable energy systems.
You can find workable solutions for a variety of building types, including commercial, public and residential structures. Technical concepts and data are presented in plain jargon-free language with clear, concise bulleted text.
It is packed with charts, tables and diagrams:
- Technical concepts and data are presented in plain jargon-free language with clear, concise bulleted text
- Packed with charts, tables and diagrams
"The clearest, most concise, and easily understood treatment of a technology whose time has definitely come."
- Mary Olson Kanian, Environmental and Botanical Scientist
Sustainable Energy Systems in Architectural Design: shows the right system for any design -- Public, Commercial, Industrial, or Residential. It provides the tools needed, and simplifies the challenges of comparing systems, projecting costs, designing efficient systems for any building type, benefiting from incentives and rebates, and installing systems.
With a format that emphasizes photographs, charts, and diagrams to show rather than tell the story, Sustainable Energy Systems in Architectural Design provides:
- The only all-in-one independent resource for understanding, designing, and installing renewable energy systems
- Practical, workable solutions for a variety of building types, with real-life examples
- Plentiful charts, tables, and diagrams for at-a-glance answers
- A plain-English presentation that clarifies technical concepts and data, with extensive use of concise, easy-to-follow bulleted text
- Easy-to-use charts comparing advantages and disadvantages of each system for various projects
- Strategies for transitioning pre-existing buildings to solar power and other forms of renewable energy
- Forms for getting special funding opportunities and rebates
- Renewable energy conversion tables
- Manufacturing and consulting resources
- Photo gallery of successful renewable energy projects
A practical guide that clearly and expertly contrasts technologies, manufacturing processes, costs, and installation data for all types of renewable energy systems, Sustainable Energy Systems in Architectural Design provides the one-stop guide to sustainable energy systems that professionals need!
- Basics of Solar Power and Renewable Energy
- Design of Renewable Energy Systems
- Economics of Renewable Energy Systems
- Other Renewable Energy Technologies
- CEC Rebate Procedures
- Photo Gallery
- Renewable Energy Tables and Important Facts
- Manufacturing and Consulting Resources