Water Loss Control, Second Edition
This comprehensive guide takes you step by step through every stage of the development of a water loss control program -- from measuring and auditing water loss, tracking losses to their root cause, to developing a loss control program for future efficiency.
Inside, you'll find precise descriptions of methodologies and technologies, along with tables and figures presenting key information clearly and concisely. This Second Edition brings innovative approaches to water loss management, with information on new modeling methods, leak detection equipment, revenue protection programs, and best practices advocated by the American Water Works Association and the International Water Association.
- Updated U.S. and international standardized water audit methodologies
- Step-by-step guide to creating an effective water loss control program
- Guidance on data collection, validation, and component analysis of water supply and customer consumption volumes
- Detailed description of available intervention tools against real losses
- Detailed description of available intervention tools against apparent losses
- Innovations in automatic meter reading (AMR) and advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) that will transform accountability in the water supply industry
- Integrated technologies to optimize water distribution system operations
- Detailed descriptions and case studies of successful water loss control and intervention programs
- Comprehensive glossary of terms