ACI 318-11 is a must-have standard for all professionals engaged in concrete design, construction, and inspection, containing the latest code requirements for structural concrete.
The companion commentary, in a side-by-side column format to match thte corresponding code requirements, provides background information for code provisions.
The ACI 318, 2011 Edition features some key changes, including design requirements for adhesive anchors, reinforcement detailing requirements for seismic application, and much more.
Among the subjects covered are:
- Contract documents
- Durability requirements
- Concrete quality, mixing, and placing
- Embedded pipes
- Construction joints
- Reinforcement details
- Analysis and design
- Strength and serviceability
- Flexural and axial loads
- Shear and torsion
- Development and splices of reinforcement
- Slab systems
- Walls and footings
- Precast concrete
- Composite flexural members
- Prestressed concrete
- Shells and folded plate members
- Strength evaluation of existing structures
- Provisions for seismic design
- Structural plain concrete
- Strutand-tie modeling in Appendix A
- Alternative design provisions in Appendix B
- Alternative load and strength reduction factors in Appendix C
- And anchoring to concrete in Appendix D
Over 20 countries worldwide have adopted ACI 318 for use in their national codes!