This book covers a broad range of topics necessary for those managing engineering personnel, projects and organizations. From how to apply Total Quality Management to tips for avoiding liability, The Management of Engineering covers it all.
Major topics include:
- Quality management
- Personnel management
- Project management
- Legal and ethical issues
The treatment of topics is practical and easily applied to professional practice. It demonstrates the typical transition from engineer to engineering manager. There is a large focus on legal matters including contract law, agency, intellectual property and professional liability -- all written in layman's terms with actual case studies that enhance understanding of these potentially delicate issues.
- The Engineer as Manager
- The Engineering Organization
- Total Quality Management: Principles and Approaches
- Total Quality Management: Techniques and Applications
- The Human Element in Engineering Management
- Communication in the Engineering Organization
- Management of Engineering Projects
- Engineers and the Law
- Contract Law Principles
- Engineering and Construction Contracts
- Legal Structures of Business Organizations
- Professional Liability
- Professional Ethics
- The Engineering Professional
If you're looking for a book that defines the management of engineers, engineering and construction projects, you'll appreciate the content of this book!