2018 ICC International Residential Code for One and Two Family Dwellings, Soft Cover
This incredibly handy code guide will help you and your company stay up to date with the latest and greatest when it comes to building, plumbing, mechanical, fuel gas and electrical requirements and procedures. Only included in these guide are the requirements for one and two family dwellings and townhouses up to 3 stories. Some of the changes and updates that are included in the 2018 International Residential Code are:
- Contains up-to-date seismic maps that show the most conservative Seismic Design Category (SDC) based on any soil type. It also shows where the less conservative SDC’s when the Site Class A, B or D is applicable.
- New and updated townhouse separation provision which give you the option to use either two separate fire-resistant-rated walls or a common wall.
- If a basement sleeping room has an automatic fire sprinkler system or a second means of egress or an emergency escape opening it is no longer required for that room to have an emergency escape or rescue opening.
- Updated information on the requirements for interconnected smoke alarms in existing areas.
- #2 Southern Pine has replaced #1 Southern Pine in the girder/header tables.
- There are brand new tables that include alternative wood stud heights and the required number of full height studs in high wind areas.
It also includes the residential requirements from the NFPA (National Fire Protection Association) 70 and the NEC (National Electrical Code) 2017. The 2018 International Residential Code is extremely important not only to own but to apply in your daily work. All of these updated codes and procedures will keep you and your employees safe. The ICC updates these codes and standards every three years. Make sure to order your copy today!