2020 Minnesota Plumbing Code
The new 2020 Minnesota Plumbing Code contains many new provisions and amendments that every user will need to become familiar with. Some of the key updates to the Minnesota Plumbing Code include:
• New sound transmission provisions for plumbing piping systems.
• New provisions for trenching excavation and backfill, rehabilitation of piping systems, and Schedule 40 PVC and ABS DWV and storm pipe expansion table (Chapter 3)
• New product standards for plumbing fixtures such as wall hung fixtures, waste fittings, lavatories, showers, bathtubs and whirlpool bathtubs, flushometer valves, sinks and eyewash stations; and signage for single use toilet facilities (Chapter 4)
• New backflow protection provisions for chemical dispensers, new material provisions for pipes, tubes, fittings and joint methods for water supply and distribution, piping insulation, and new pressure testing for the hot and cold-water supply system (Chapter 6)
• New material requirements for drain, waste, vent pipe and fittings (Chapter 7)
• New provisions for condensate waste and control (Chapter 8)
• Circuit venting (Chapter 9)
• Methods of testing storm drainage systems (Chapter 11)
• Updated ASSE Series 5000 testing procedures Appendix I — Installation standard for PEX tubing systems for hot- and cold-water distribution
• New Useful Tables
As Chapter 4714 of the Minnesota State Building Code, this will be enforced as law effective December 17, 2021. The new customized code combines the 2018 Uniform Plumbing Code and all the current Minnesota amendments.