2024 NFPA 54 National Fuel Gas Code
Help Ensure Everyone’s Safety with the Safe and Proper Use of Gas in Homes and Buildings.
From carbon monoxide poisoning to the risks of fire and explosion, there are several hazards when it comes to using gaseous fuels. NFPA 54/ANSI Z223.1, National Fuel Gas Code, offers the latest comprehensive provisions for the safe design, installation, operation, maintenance, purging, and inspection of gas piping, equipment, accessories, and appliances supplied with fuel gas.
The code covers:
- Piping system design, materials, and components
- Pipe sizing and installing pipes underground, aboveground, and inside concealed spaces
- Piping inspection, testing, system leak check, and purging
- Requirements for process air and installation of appliances
- Minimum safe performance criteria, general requirements, and specifications for venting combustion products.