A Guide to Successful Construction, Fourth Edition
Contractors can protect themselves and their companies at each critical stage of a construction project.
This much-needed guide shows how to avoid lawsuits and other problems by explaining exactly what the architect's and contractor's roles are during the construction phase of a project - as well as the responsibilities of owners, developers, and construction attorneys.
- New AIA forms are explained in detail
- A "Complete" book for the professional
- Perfect for Architects, Engineers, Lawyers, Contractors, & Facility Managers
This Indispensable On-The-Job Reference:
- Helps with selecting a contractor
- Reveals the most advantageous bidding practices
- Shows you how to ensure that shop drawings comply with contractual requirements
- Includes step-by-step procedures for resolving conflicts and handling the threat of legal action
You'll find help in:
- Delineating the contractor's responsibility
- What's required at the preconstruction jobsite conference
- How to deal with consultants and advisors
- What's required in closing out the job
- How to deal with time and delay disputes
- Tips for staying on budget
- And much more!