Quality Facility Management
With the help of real-world examples, checklists, and other how-to aids, Quality Facility Management reveals:
- Why customers must be the driving force behind your quality effort, how you can exceed customers' performance expectations, and how you can effectively recover from service mistakes
- How quality facility management has its roots in TQM, what constitutes the major aspects of a TQM program, and how you can implement quality facility management without a full-blown TQM program
- Which aspects of your operation need to be measured and evaluated, which measuring tools should be used, and how to get your customers involved in the measurement process
- How to develop a facility marketing plan that increases awareness of your services, improves your image as a provider, and acts as an "insurance policy" in retaining the support of senior management in the face of organizational upheaval
- How to engineer a program of continuous quality improvement by assuming a specific leadership role, empowering frontline staff, instituting effective customer service training, and partnering with vendors
The final chapter of Quality Facility Management provides a bounty of practical case histories of companies that are realizing quality facility management right now -- including major organizations like Celestica, Bell Atlantic, Hewlett-Packard, and Lockheed.
Here, you'll find ample evidence of quality tools and strategies at work -- from interior preventive maintenance crews to staff productivity improvements, infrastructure planning teams to customer satisfaction programs.
Whether you're in the public or private sector, in a large or small facility, part of an in-house organization or a contracted firm, Quality Facility Management enables you to plan, organize, staff, direct, and evaluate for quality, so that you maximize your department's responsiveness to customers and your value to top management!