Residential Code Essentials: Based on the 2021 International Residential Code
This publication explains the code provisions essential to understanding the 2021 International Residential Code® (IRC®) for the most common building practices. The information is presented in a user-friendly manner with an emphasis on technical accuracy and clear, easy-to-apply language. Full-color illustrations, examples and simplified tables assist the reader in visualizing the code requirements. The straightforward, easy-to-read approach makes this an invaluable companion guide to the IRC for both new and veteran code users and other professionals such as contractors, builders and designers.
- Topic organization follows the progress of construction from foundation to finished residence, providing a familiar frame of reference
- Detailed full-color illustrations enhance comprehension of code provisions
- A focused, concise approach on conventional construction methods facilitates understanding of the essential code provisions
- References to corresponding code sections provide added value as a companion guide to the IRC
- Glossary of code and construction terms clarifies their meaning in the context of the code