NOTE: To access this eBook, please register on www.constructionworkzone.com (registration is free). Then, please call us at 1.888.264.2665 (M-F) between 9:00 AM and 7:30 PM Eastern time, and we will confirm your purchase and activate this publication in your personal eBook library.
With the online eBook version of Standard Specifications for Public Works Construction, you can:
- Have 24/7 access to the Greenbook wherever you are!
- Download entire sections and paste into your own specs!
- Find what you're looking for in a flash
For over 50 years, the “Greenbook” has set the standard for public works specifications for hundreds of cities, counties, and agencies in Southern California. Over the years, interest in the “Greenbook” has spread throughout the United States, Canada and many other countries overseas.
The 2018 Edition of the Greenbook:
- Includes revised and updated specifications for cold milling, including new specifications for micro milling.
- Consolidates the provisions concerning the disposition of existing improvements with structure/content more in line with Section 5 of the Caltrans Standard Specifications.
- Provides updated specs for mortar cement and separates site mix mortars and pre-blended mortars, with applicable ASTM test methods.
- Features new specifications for microsurfacing that have been used successfully by the Los Angeles County Department of Public Works on numerous projects since 2008.
- Restructures Part 1 to be more consistent in subject content with Caltrans and other AASHTO-format general provisions.
- Adds a new specification for cast-in-place reinforced concrete box.
First published in 1967, the “Greenbook” promotes uniformity, and eliminate conflicts and confusion, among the plans and specifications used by local public agencies. Use of the “Greenbook” lowers construction costs by encouraging participation in competitive bidding by more private contractors. It is the work of an active volunteer committee of professional agency members who are thoroughly versed in the changing technology and advanced thinking of the construction industry.