2024 International Fuel Gas Code
The 2024 International Codes have undergone substantial formatting changes as part of the digital transformation strategy of the International Code Council to improve the user experience. The changes, promoting a cleaner, more modern look and enhancing readability and sustainability, include:
- Single column text format and modernized font styles improves readability
- QR Codes replace vertical margin sidebars and arrows to identify code changes more accurately
- Shading for table headers and notes improves locating tables and applicable notes
- Grouping of associated content brings tables and figures immediately after the parent section
- Users have capability to validate authenticity of their book and register it with the ICC to receive incentives.
The 2024 IFGC addresses the design and installation of fuel gas systems and gas fired appliances through prescriptive and performance requirements.
Key changes in the 2024 IFGC include:
- Appendix D- D105.2, Test for combustion air and vent drafting for natural draft and Category I appliances. Existing code language has been deleted. The entire section is new for the 2024 Codes.
- [BS] 302.3.1 Engineered wood products. Sections 302.3.2, 302.3.3, and 302.3.4 have all been deleted.
- 304.1 -General. The entire section is new for the 2024 Codes. Existing code language has been deleted. The entire section is new for the 2024 Codes.
- 304.12 Protection from fumes and gases. Existing code language has been deleted. The entire section is new for the 2024 Codes.
- 403.6 Workmanship and defects. Existing code language has been rewritten and additional code language has been added for the 2024 Codes.
- Table 503.8- Note: Revisions to Table 503.8 are errata to the 2021 IFGS text that is also applicable to the 2024 IFGS text.