2024 International Swimming Pool and Spa Code (3720S24)
The 2024 International Codes have undergone substantial formatting changes as part of the digital transformation strategy of the International Code Council to improve the user experience. The changes, promoting a cleaner, more modern look and enhancing readability and sustainability, include:
- Single column text format and modernized font styles improves readability
- QR Codes replace vertical margin sidebars and arrows to identify code changes more accurately
- Shading for table headers and notes improves locating tables and applicable notes
- Grouping of associated content brings tables and figures immediately after the parent section
- Users have capability to validate authenticity of their book and register it with the ICC to receive incentives.
The 2024 ISPSC is the only comprehensive swimming pool code coordinated with the current requirements in the I-Codes and APSP standards. Developed with the Association of Pool & Spa Professionals (APSP), to establish minimum regulations for public and residential pools, spas, and hot tubs using prescriptive and performance-related provisions. The ISPSC integrates seamlessly with the family of I-Codes and contains requirements that meet or exceed the Virginia Graeme Baker Act. The ISPSC also contains APSP-7 Standard for Suction Entrapment Avoidance.