Simplified Design of Wood Structures, Sixth Edition
Solid, accessible coverage of the basics of wood structure design. This invaluable guide provides a complete and practical introduction to the design of wood structures for buildings.
Written to be easily understood by readers with limited experience in engineering mechanics, structural analysis, or advanced mathematics, the book includes:
- A comprehensive review of structural properties, including density, elasticity, defects, lumber gradings, and use classification
- A straightforward discussion of design methods and criteria -- stress, strength, design values, loading, bracing, and more
- Extensive material on wood sections, from beam functions, behavior, and design to wood decks and wood columns
- Information based on current industry standards and construction practices
- Many building design examples, plus helpful study aids and references